I can’t believe how quickly the days are going by! I didn’t even realize it’s been so long since I’ve updated…
Sad to say, I did not finish NaNo. I got about 10K written: 4K on my first attempt/project and then another 6K on the same book I’ve been working on for what seems like forever. On that topic, I can’t help but admit there are times I just don’t want to continue with that story. It doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere. But I know everyone would protest and yell at me if I “trunked” it so I won’t. Yet
Anyway, I really have nothing else to say. I don’t want to elaborate too much on baby happenings just because I don’t want this to turn into a “mommy blog” I’ll mention the important things–like the fact baby’s doing good as of last week’s appointment. The nausea is still there but not as strong. That’s pretty much it. I hope everyone else is doing well too! I’ve gotta play catch-up on everyone’s blog…
…and summer ended. Well, it’s almost over anyway. Many kids are already back in school or going back in the next week. Labor Day, the “unofficial” end of summer, is only in a few weeks.
Not complaining though. Summer is nearly tied with winter for being my least favorite season (I do like it only *slightly* better) so I’m glad for the heat to end. I’m a fan of fall–favorite season by far. I look forward to keeping my windows open for more than two days at a time.
Also, September’s approach means my vacation to Disney World! I’m in desperate need of a week to get away from work and life in general. Taking vacation in the fall is wonderful for the most part–not as many people since everyone’s back to school, not as hot–but it’s agonizing watching people all throughout the summer take a week off while I still have to wait. Well, the waiting’s almost over.
One thing I do wish though, was that my sudden editing/writing frenzy began when summer did–then I wouldn’t have to be rushing to put things together. Oh well. Perhaps I thrive on the pressure. Somewhat.
So, did summer pass by as quickly for you as it did for me?
Yes, I made that last word up. Adding “-ness” onto a lot of words makes life much more fun.
Besides that, I really have nothing else to say. I just thought I should post since it’s been over a week since the last one and I didn’t want you, my faithful readers (if there are any left…) to think I fell off the face of the earth. Although I’ve certainly felt like I have on some days.
I’ve been so busy writing articles as well as being so flippin tired from work every day that I just want to come home and avoid spending more than ten minutes looking at a computer screen. So instead, I plop on the couch and watch movies from my instant Netflix queue, via the Wii. (I’ve watched some pretty awesome BBC mini-series the last week; I believe they are my weakness).
I did manage to get a chapter edited but only because I’m getting critiqued tomorrow. See, it takes knowing that it’s due somewhere before I actually write the silly thing.
And that, folks, pretty much sums up my super awesome and exciting life as of late.
Sorry about the lack of posts. I really haven’t had much to write about and I’ve been doing pretty poorly with my miniNano goal. It’s like the desire to write has temporarily disappeared. I say temporarily because I know it will come back (as I’m searching for it now ). It’s not writer’s block, but more like writer-is-going-through-a-period-of-self-doubt syndrome. It must be something weird I’m going through as I’ve even lost some of my appetite. I will be fine but I had to take a bit of a step back. Hard to explain, although I’m sure most of you who are writers understand.
I am seriously thrilled beyond words for this:
November can’t come soon enough!
I’ve had the last background forever. I wanted a new one but none of the other themes seemed to work for me. Then WordPress came up with this new one and I instantly knew it would be my blog’s theme. I think it really fits don’t you?
I may play around with some of it later but I’m really fond of it this now. Let me know what you think! And be honest–if you like the last one better I’d like to know too.
I was listening to Air1 (my favorite radio station) and every Thursday they have a segment where people call in and say what makes them “crazy” or weird. You know, those little things that most people would raise an eyebrow at.
I have more than a few quirks. Here are some of them:
- I love walking through old cemeteries. Maybe it has to do with my passion for history and genealogy, but I can’t stop thinking about the people buried beneath those old, worn markers and wonder what their lives were like. Perhaps that’s also the connection to my storytelling side too, always thinking about the lives these now unknown people led. They’re someone’s ancestors too…they started down a path that determined the lives of their descendants. So yeah…whenever I see an old family cemetery in the middle of a field somewhere I have to fight the urge to pull over and go and look at the graves.
- I talk to myself. A lot. Especially in the car. I have full conversations, mostly about what’s happening in my stories and such. This is something I’ve done ALL my life. My parents said I would often go and talk to myself in my room. Not an imaginary friend, just myself.
- I wear a robe and slippers everytime I’m in the house. It doesn’t matter if I have on a turtleneck and jeans already. Even in the summertime, when it’s warm out, I have to wear them. I’m constantly cold (as my ice cold hands now are evidence of that) and I can’t function without the robe and slippers or at least a fleece blanket.
- Despite the fact I’m constantly cold, I will eat ice cream year round. That may not be too surprising, but you’d think if I was always cold, and in the dead of winter I wouldn’t want to eat it. But that’s not the case
- I am pretty sure if there was an award for being scatterbrained, I’d win it. I misplace everything. I don’t try to do it; it just…happens. My key chain even says it better: “I finally got it all together but I forgot where I put it.”
I probably have a few more I just have to think about it for a little while. Do you have any strange quirks or habits?
Off to West Virginia tonight to visit friends for the weekend. Hubby and a few others are going to be having a weekend-long LAN party (if you don’t know what that is, it’s when a bunch of gamers network their computers together so they can play games. I still don’t get it but meh, it makes hubby happy )
I get to hang out with one of my best friends from college. Alas, since she lives in the middle of nowhere and they do not have cable or internet, I will be away for the weekend. It’s going to be a weekend of long movie marathons! My guess is that we’ll watch about a dozen movies. Care to venture a guess? (All day Friday, Saturday and a small part of Sunday).
I have to post something because I’m a little weirded out seeing my own face with its goofy grin staring back at me every time I come to my main page
So how about a little dance music, just because.