I’m sure this is one of millions of blog posts about New Year Resolutions, but it is the time for it.
Anyway, most of my resolutions have to do with my book–the most important being that the book is done in its entirety–meaning edited and researched as well as I am able. I hope by this time next year it will be.
Other resolutions not necessarily writing related:
- Work on not procrastinating as much. Also in this same category, not let the lazy slob within me take over.
- Become a better housekeeper. Currently, I’m really lacking in this area. Along the same lines, strive to actually cook meals that aren’t all processed or from a box. This will be extremely difficult as I loathe cooking, but in the long run will be better for me and my husband.
- Try to participate in a few Weekly Writing Challenges for FaithWriters. I used to do this a lot during college–even got one published in their quarterly anthology–but haven’t participated in one since before I was married…back in August of 2007.
- Perhaps find another job…
- Become a better violin player
- Start learning a bit of Japanese
- Try to finish reading more books instead of stopping halfway…(mainly due to the fact I’m a really picky reader and it takes a lot for me to actually finish a book these days….sad really )
That’s all I can think of. It’s a massive list and if I even accomplish one or two of the goals, I’ll be insanely thrilled. But it’s good to have things to aim to achieve.