It seems that I’m actually able to follow the writing goals I’ve made for myself this time around.
In fact, I’m ahead of schedule 🙂
The character bios are 90% done; I think I have 3 more to do before it’s completed. Well, in a loose sense. I’m forever changing them and often characters don’t always show all of themselves until I’m actually writing. But it’s a good guide for me to refer back to and it helps me visualize the character a little better.
I’m even pretty far on my loose outline. I’ve got the entire first part summarized. It’s very basic but I’ve found that the detailed ones I used to make change too much along the way. A basic summary just helps me get my jumbled thoughts organized. It also lets me see if there are holes or places where something else needs to occur or be explained.
Now to come up with the second half of the book, which isn’t as clear to me (yet) as the first half was.
But I’m ahead of schedule with that; I gave myself until the end of October and it looks like it may be done by the end of August or beginning of September. 🙂