I was listening to Air1 (my favorite radio station) and every Thursday they have a segment where people call in and say what makes them “crazy” or weird. You know, those little things that most people would raise an eyebrow at.
I have more than a few quirks. Here are some of them:
- I love walking through old cemeteries. Maybe it has to do with my passion for history and genealogy, but I can’t stop thinking about the people buried beneath those old, worn markers and wonder what their lives were like. Perhaps that’s also the connection to my storytelling side too, always thinking about the lives these now unknown people led. They’re someone’s ancestors too…they started down a path that determined the lives of their descendants. So yeah…whenever I see an old family cemetery in the middle of a field somewhere I have to fight the urge to pull over and go and look at the graves.
- I talk to myself. A lot. Especially in the car. I have full conversations, mostly about what’s happening in my stories and such. This is something I’ve done ALL my life. My parents said I would often go and talk to myself in my room. Not an imaginary friend, just myself. 😛
- I wear a robe and slippers everytime I’m in the house. It doesn’t matter if I have on a turtleneck and jeans already. Even in the summertime, when it’s warm out, I have to wear them. I’m constantly cold (as my ice cold hands now are evidence of that) and I can’t function without the robe and slippers or at least a fleece blanket.
- Despite the fact I’m constantly cold, I will eat ice cream year round. That may not be too surprising, but you’d think if I was always cold, and in the dead of winter I wouldn’t want to eat it. But that’s not the case 😛
- I am pretty sure if there was an award for being scatterbrained, I’d win it. I misplace everything. I don’t try to do it; it just…happens. My key chain even says it better: “I finally got it all together but I forgot where I put it.”
I probably have a few more I just have to think about it for a little while. Do you have any strange quirks or habits?